University of Piraeus
University of Piraeus
The University of Piraeus is a dynamic public university called to fulfill a multilateral mission within the framework of economy and society of knowledge while satisfying the request for excellence.
Department of International and European Studies
The Department of International and European Studies offers high-quality teaching and research, related to contemporary Europe and International Institutions. A series of lessons of the Department and the School of Economics, International and Business Studies that deal with public politics and international political economy, is linked with the monitoring of developments in International and European level of Education, Research, Development and Inter-University cooperation.
Laboratory of Education Policy, Research, Development and Interuniversity Cooperation
The aim of the laboratory of Educational policy, Research, Development and Inter-University Cooperation (ERDIC) is to become a scientific and valid institute to produce basic and applied research in the above-mentioned subjects and also cover educational and research needs of the Hellenic society.
The subject of the laboratory is research and study of the trends and the international developments in the sectors of education, research, development and inter-university cooperation.
The sectors of activation differ and their aim is to integrate the educator’s synergies in issues such as:
· Research on European and International subjects. Identification and respond to specialised educational and research needs.
· Development and implementation of International and European Programmes
· Training educators and educations executives on international and European issues.
· ERDIC educates a wide network of school teachers on European issues through the Program of European Commission's Represenation in Greece "Teachers4Europe".
· Development of co-operations with similar laboratories and research centers in Greece and abroad, with the aim of exchanging opinions, data and co-producing research, studies or other scientific work relating to the subjects of the laboratory.
· Knowledge and research dissemination with informative brochures, scientific magazines and publications of articles, studies and books.
· Organisation of lectures, conferences and seminars in national and international level.